Below are PDF files that show how to do various software tasks.
|Program||Open/Save Files||Enter Data||Preferences||Tie-up Tools||NameDrafts||Alt Colors||WIF Help Files|
Open and Save Files: Including Proprietary files, WIF files, and graphics files
Proprietary files belong to a software program. These are the files that each software program creates for its own use. WIF files are a generic weaving software file. Graphics files are pictures that allow you to design from your own images.
Enter Data: threading, treadling, colors, thickness, etc in the draft.
Preferences: Set the defaults for the software including # of shafts, treadles, displays, etc
Tie-up Tools: In Progress
- Enter first treadle, generate twill (done)
- Fill with twills, etc.
- Manipulate tie-up, quadrants, etc.
- Rearrange keeping drawdown same.
- Rearrange changing drawdown.
- Change face or invert twill.
- Interactive drawdown. If you click in the drawdown, it changes the tie-up.
NameDrafts: In Progress
- Doing a Namedraft is a method of creating an original draft. You will not see letters.
- There are several methods for creating namedrafts.
- Namedrafts are usually woven as small overshot patterns.
- Namedrafts produce 4-block designs.
- ‘Let’s do a namedraft.’ will be used to illustrate the various methods.